Saturday, September 18, 2010

You Don’t Get 500 Million Friends, Apparently, Without Chewing a Lot of Scenery | techyum :::

But the FIRST rule of The Social Network is that you do not tell anyone about The Social Network; furthermore, you want The Social Network? You can’t handle The Social Network

Yes, this puppy is helmed by Fight Club and Se7ven director David Fincher, and if that’s not enough to make you want to cram Gwyneth Paltrow’s head in a box, it’s penned by A Few Good Men and West Wing writer Aaron Sorkin.

Did I just call Aaron Sorkin and David Fincher a “pirate army of douchebags?” Why yes, yes I did, and as they tack their rampant prows, load up their punt guns and wave their swarthy cutlasses in my general direction let me observe that I am doubtless alone in my utter disregard for the talents of either Fincher or Sorkin, both of whom at various times have I loved and lost, and both of whom at other times I’ve wanted to punch.